Now, your mum didn’t use the term powerfood but she knew about apples. An apple a day keeps the doctor away’’ was the first nutritional advice myself and many children heard from their mums. For this reason we call them ‘’the first powerfood.’’
- Apples are filled with soluble fiber 5 grams
- This fiber has been shown to reduce intestinal disorders, including diverticulitis, hemorrhoids and possibly some types of cancer.
- Helps control insulin levels by releasing sugar slowly into the bloodstream.
- Cleanses and detoxifies, which helps eliminate heavy metals, such as lead and mercury.
- Apple pectin helps reduce cholesterol levels by lowering insulin, secretion.
- In two studies researchers found that eating five apples a week lowered the risk for respiratory disease like asthma.
- And according to Chinese Medicine: Apples strengthen the heart, quench thirst, lubricate the lungs, decrease mucus and increase body fluids./// CONTINUE READING ON NEXT PAGE
What Others Are Reading
There are certain things you should never do immediately after eating because they can be …